On October 1, 1897, after a two-day meeting, a group of Dinwiddie residents decided to establish a new church. 47 days later, on November 16, the official plans for a new building were submitted and on December 31, 1897, the new church was named:

Smyrna Baptist Church!

Timeline History: 1897-2000

1964 - First full-time pastor, Rev. John Crocker, was hired

1969 - Classrooms were added

1979 - 2-Story educational wing was added

1998 - New sanctuary was built

Timeline History: 2000-present

2011 - Site development on newly purchased 20 acres began

2013 - First service held in new and current location